Free access to Ten Steps materials ending July 1.
For 13 years, the Learning Center has helped millions of students build college reading skills—for free. While our commitment to students and educators is as strong as ever, rising development and support costs compel us to change this pricing policy.
Starting July 1, 2016, students will need a subscription to TEN STEPS PLUS to access online assignments for the Ten Steps series.
Ten Steps Plus is the most comprehensive collection of digital resources ever offered by Townsend Press, with prices starting at just $6 (when purchased with a text). Features and pricing details are available here.
WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH TEN STEPS PLUS:
- Exercises and Mastery Tests: The Learning Center has long hosted thousands of exercise and test items aligned with the Ten Steps series to teach reading skills. These materials are now part of Ten Steps Plus.
- NEW! The Readings Bank: A collection of new readings complete with Lexile scores and reading comprehension and writing assignments. These readings retain the same lively, high-interest quality of our books.
- NEW! The Skills Bank: Exercises and tests from Ten Steps have been restructured for tutoring programs, labs, or co-requisite classes. The result? You can now choose the skill, level, and sequence you want to teach. Want to cover a unit on main ideas? Looking to teach a modular course on inferences? The Skills Bank makes it easy.
- NEW! Ten Steps Series eBooks*: A subscription to Ten Steps Plus includes access to the entire Ten Steps series! eBooks are accessed inside the Learning Center and include bookmarking, highlighting, and note-taking capabilities.
- NEW! Townsend Library*: To become stronger readers, students need to read more. With Ten Steps Plus, they can. Access to eBooks of 100+ titles in the popular Townsend Library are included. Instructors can now assign novels and host online discussions. It’s all part of Ten Steps Plus.
* These items are not included with Ten Steps Plus LE.
With Ten Steps Plus, students can access the acclaimed Ten Steps series in whatever form you prefer—print, digital, or both. There’s one more thing, too:
Free Trial: From now through June 30, 2016, Ten Steps Plus is free to students. Assign items, novels, or specific Ten Steps skills, and your students will be able to access them for free. Try it out! We think you’ll find, as we do, that Ten Steps Plus is an ideal tool to help your students learn the reading skills needed for college and career success.